Probate & Succession
Our expert solicitors can advise you on all aspects of Wills and Estate Planning in order to make the most tax efficient plan for distribution of your assets and provision for your family. We can also advise on the steps to be taken following the death of a loved one.
It may be necessary to take steps to deal with his/her assets and property so as to give effect to his/her wishes as expressed in a Will or to comply with the rules of law which apply when someone dies without having made a Will.
When a person passes away, his/her assets and property are referred to as his/her estate. We offer considered and sensitive advice to ensure that a deceased person’s estate is dealt with efficiently and in accordance with all relevant legislation. We have many years of experience in dealing with Estate Administration and the various issues which may arise.
Areas on which we can advise you include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Will drafting
- Testate (if the deceased had a valid Will) and Intestate (if the deceased did not have a Will) Estate Administration
- Advices for Executors and Administrators as to their rights, responsibilities and obligations
- Advices for surviving spouses, civil partners, children and other family members of a deceased person
- Advices on challenging a Will and the procedures to be adhered to
- Deeds of Family Arrangement