As our digital reliance increases globally, privacy and cyber-security are key tenets of every business nowadays, plus they have significant liabilities attached.
Mackrell International, of which Crowley Millar is a member of, assembled an international panel of data and privacy experts to share advice on some key issues for employers and employees.
In the recording, the following matters are discussed:
- Are companies doing enough to protect themselves, their clients and their employees against cyber-crime?
- If you have robust systems and protocols in place, are you making sure they evolve?
- The danger of data breaches and of not having robust passwords.
- The increased issues caused by home-working and employees using their own devices for work.
- Training your staff – you may have the best systems in place, but lack of awareness could make staff your weakest link
- Should data protection form part of an annual report?
- How can companies mitigate against internal attacks – either inadvertent or deliberate?
- Should you have an AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) in place for your employees?
- Are you penetration testing?
- How encryption can help
- Do you have a written information security plan?